The Relevancy Ring - CDP Buyer's Guide 2018
Market research authored by David Daniels (formerly of Forrester Research and Jupiter Research), and other analysts from The Relevancy Group. Sponsored research can be downloaded with registration. Other titles can be purchased for a fee or save and subscribe to our research. Get access. Ask the analyst; Get Access to Answers.
Sponsored by The Relevancy Group
About: Published in August 2018, The Relevancy Group analyzes six CDPs (Customer Data Platforms) and documents market trends and mandates on vendor selection. This comprehensive buyer's guide features executive data of more than 400 marketing executives and details on six CDP vendors, including AgilOne, BlueConic, IgnitionOne, Lytics, RedPoint, Tealium. The report looks at what is most important to marketers in the selection process and reviews this data by industry and enterprise size. An excerpt of the research is featured in issue 18 of The Marketer Quarterly.
Report Excerpt:What is a CDP?
In a relatively short period of time, Customer Data Platforms have carved out a dynamic, new, and expanding space for themselves, within the enterprise marketing stack. Although the term was coined as early as 2013, it is primarily over the past 18 months that vendors have embraced the moniker and marketers have realized the distinct value proposition that a CDP brings to the table.
CDPs enable marketers to:
- Join and Combine Data – Marketers who are facing increasing volumes of useful customer data are increasingly turning to CDPs to help them join and integrate these often disparate and unnormalized customer data sources to make them more easily available for marketing applications - targeting, personalization, measurement, to name a few. They enable the utilization of real-time data at massive scale allowing for progressive customer profiling.
- Create and Manage Profiles – CDPs can help marketers navigate the waters between known and unknown users through various probabilistic and deterministic identity methods. This enables
- CDPs to stitch together user profiles to more accurately identify and address people as individuals across channels and devices.
- Enrich and Augment Data – While primarily focused on first-party data, CDPs can help marketers enrich data on a continuous basis by incorporating a variety of sources and efficiently augmenting these to ensure accuracy and usefulness to other systems across the enterprise.
- Syndicate and Activate Audiences – CDPs help marketers identify the appropriate customers and prospects to address through both paid and organic methods across online and offline channels. By using a CDP to inform audience selection and content recommendations, many marketers can individualize more campaigns at a more precise level, driving increased response rates and more efficient paid media spend.
The Research: 35 pages, 12 graphics, 11,262 words. TRGSS1418 Part of our Research Subscriber Series, Subscribe and SaveBuy for $2,495.00Free with registration
- All Research
- Artifical Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Benchmark Data
- CDP (Customer Data Platforms)
- Consumer Survey
- Email Deliverability
- Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Agencies
- Everychannel/Omnichannel Marketing
- Financial Services
- Identity Management
- Lifecycle Marketing
- Madtech (Martech+Adtech)
- Marketing & Messaging Platforms
- Mobile Marketing
- People Based Marketing
- Research Subscriber Series
- Social Marketing
- Sponsored Research
- State of Industries
- Travel and Hospitality
- Value Based Research
- Vendor Selection
- Video Marketing
- Year Published - 2010
- Year Published - 2011
- Year Published - 2012
- Year Published - 2013
- Year Published - 2014
- Year Published - 2015
- Year Published - 2016
- Year Published - 2017
- Year Published - 2018
- Year Published - 2019
David and The Relevancy Group's thoughts are always of great value.— David A. Steinberg, CEO & Founder, Zeta Global
The Relevancy Group has applied its expertise in the area of platform development, thought leadership and strategic positioning, keeping us at the forefront of the email marketing industry for years to come.— David Geller, CEO & Founder, Spryly Inc., Former CEO & Co-Founder of WhatCounts
The Relevancy Ring - ESP Buyer's Guide is the most comprehensive piece of research on our industry. David and his team have thoughtful and thorough advice and their deep knowledge of the marketplace is valuable.— Matt Seeley, SVP of Platforms, Merkle Inc.
Email Marketing An Hour A Day is thought provoking, humorous and delivers value to marketers.— Scott Dorsey, Former Co-Founder and CEO of ExactTarget