Customer Acquisition: Measuring The Efficacy of Tactics
Market research authored by David Daniels (formerly of Forrester Research and Jupiter Research), and other analysts from The Relevancy Group. Sponsored research can be downloaded with registration. Other titles can be purchased for a fee or save and subscribe to our research. Get access. Ask the analyst; Get Access to Answers.
Sponsored by The Relevancy Group
About: Published November 2017. Contemporary marketing conventional wisdom brims with ruminations on the difficulty of customer acquisition in an age of audience fragmentation and social savviness.This research measures the effectiveness of it all.• Which tactics are proving to be the most effective?
• What data types do marketers find most valuable for shaping customer acquisition strategies?
• What are the key challenges that impede acquisition efforts for marketing teams ?
• What characteristics distinguish acquisition tactics among marketers with faster growing customer bases?
• What should marketers be doing to improve their customer acquisition strategies and tactics?
• Marketers’ view of acquisition tactic effectiveness largely mirrors the most widely used tactics.
• When it comes to data, most marketers view all data types as very or at least somewhat important to acquisition efforts. Email addresses (96 percent consider very or somewhat important) and demographics (94 percent) are the most widely desired data types, but only slightly outrank a host of other data points.
• Marketers that are quickly growing their customer bases have several factors in common. They are willing to spend more on acquisition than slower growing marketers. They seem to make broader use of different tactics, rather than relying on the few top ones. And they take a somewhat different view of data in acquisition campaigns.
The Research: 15 pages, 11 Charts, 4.416 words. Part of our Research Subscriber Series.
Item: TRGSS1617 | Madtech Marketing ResearchBuy for $499.00Free with registration
- All Research
- AR - Augmented Reality
- Artifical Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Benchmark Data
- CDP (Customer Data Platforms)
- Consumer Survey
- Device Marketing
- Email Deliverability
- Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Agencies
- Everychannel/Omnichannel Marketing
- Financial Services
- Identity Management
- Lifecycle Marketing
- Madtech (Martech+Adtech)
- Marketing & Messaging Platforms
- Mobile Marketing
- People Based Marketing
- Research Subscriber Series
- Social Marketing
- Sponsored Research
- State of Industries
- Travel and Hospitality
- Value Based Research
- Vendor Selection
- Video Marketing
- Year Published - 2010
- Year Published - 2011
- Year Published - 2012
- Year Published - 2013
- Year Published - 2014
- Year Published - 2015
- Year Published - 2016
- Year Published - 2017
- Year Published - 2018
- Year Published - 2019
David and The Relevancy Group's thoughts are always of great value.— David A. Steinberg, CEO & Founder, Zeta Global
The Relevancy Group has applied its expertise in the area of platform development, thought leadership and strategic positioning, keeping us at the forefront of the email marketing industry for years to come.— David Geller, CEO & Founder, Spryly Inc., Former CEO & Co-Founder of WhatCounts
The Relevancy Ring - ESP Buyer's Guide is the most comprehensive piece of research on our industry. David and his team have thoughtful and thorough advice and their deep knowledge of the marketplace is valuable.— Matt Seeley, SVP of Platforms, Merkle Inc.
Email Marketing An Hour A Day is thought provoking, humorous and delivers value to marketers.— Scott Dorsey, Former Co-Founder and CEO of ExactTarget