Social Marketing Targeting: Millennial Adoption, Attitudes and Behaviors
Market research authored by David Daniels (formerly of Forrester Research and Jupiter Research), and other analysts from The Relevancy Group. Sponsored research can be downloaded with registration. Other titles can be purchased for a fee or save and subscribe to our research. Get access. Ask the analyst; Get Access to Answers.
Sponsored by The Relevancy Group
About: Published December 2017. The ability to capture the tricky millennial segment, which is characterized by being digitally native, extensively nurtured, and brand affinity-neutered, has been a broad theme among marketers.Key Questions:
• What is the current level of social engagement that millennials have with brands?
• What motivates millennials to follow a brand on social platforms?
• Which social media platforms are millennials engaging with and how has that changed year-over-year?
• Millennials aged 19-to-38 spend more time engaged in social media than other demographics. This age group follows many more brands on social networks than other age groups. They are far more likely to engage with a brand for reasons driven by participatory affinity, including love for the brand, discounts, getting news and information faster, and contributing to content.
• For the foreseeable future, Facebook/Instagram will not only be able to offer better absolute reach, but broader and more flexible campaigns. Marketers who wish to tap into the Snapchat cachet must push Snap Inc. to again develop innovative advertising opportunities that tap into millennials’ penchant for brand advocacy.
• For most social networks, growth has increased overall year-over-year. This progress in audience adoption and engagement is largely being driven by the millennial segment. Such growth has also attracted competition, primarily Facebook and its own media-sharing service, Instagram. On its own, Instagram outperforms Snapchat across every age group.
The Research: 7 pages, 4 Charts, 2,031 words. Part of our Research Subscriber Series.
Item: TRGSS1817 | Madtech Marketing ResearchBuy for $299.00Free with registration
- All Research
- AR - Augmented Reality
- Artifical Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Benchmark Data
- CDP (Customer Data Platforms)
- Consumer Survey
- Device Marketing
- Email Deliverability
- Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Agencies
- Everychannel/Omnichannel Marketing
- Financial Services
- Identity Management
- Lifecycle Marketing
- Madtech (Martech+Adtech)
- Marketing & Messaging Platforms
- Mobile Marketing
- People Based Marketing
- Research Subscriber Series
- Social Marketing
- Sponsored Research
- State of Industries
- Travel and Hospitality
- Value Based Research
- Vendor Selection
- Video Marketing
- Year Published - 2010
- Year Published - 2011
- Year Published - 2012
- Year Published - 2013
- Year Published - 2014
- Year Published - 2015
- Year Published - 2016
- Year Published - 2017
- Year Published - 2018
- Year Published - 2019
David and The Relevancy Group's thoughts are always of great value.— David A. Steinberg, CEO & Founder, Zeta Global
The Relevancy Group has applied its expertise in the area of platform development, thought leadership and strategic positioning, keeping us at the forefront of the email marketing industry for years to come.— David Geller, CEO & Founder, Spryly Inc., Former CEO & Co-Founder of WhatCounts
The Relevancy Ring - ESP Buyer's Guide is the most comprehensive piece of research on our industry. David and his team have thoughtful and thorough advice and their deep knowledge of the marketplace is valuable.— Matt Seeley, SVP of Platforms, Merkle Inc.
Email Marketing An Hour A Day is thought provoking, humorous and delivers value to marketers.— Scott Dorsey, Former Co-Founder and CEO of ExactTarget